With the opening of our brand new restaurant in Stratford still fresh in the air we wanted to let you experience the Haugen specialty both in our restaurant and at home! Make sure to book now to try the dish in all it’s glory at the Alpine themed restaurant.
Plus join them every Saturday for Fondue brunch!
• 500g Swiss cheeses (Gruyere, Emmentaler, Vacherin)
• 1 clove garlic, halved
• 290ml pint white wine
• 1 tsp cornflour
• 1 tbsp kirsch (optional)
• cubed bread pieces, for dipping
• Rub the inside of the fondue pot
with the halves of garlic.
• Add the wine to the pot and heat
until boiling. Lower the heat and
gradually stir in the cheeses until
melted, stirring all the time.
• If using kirsch, blend with the cornflour,
otherwise use water. Add to the cheese
mixture and cook gently until the mixture
is smooth – don’t let it boil or it will burn.
• Using the fondue prongs, dip the bread
cubes into the cheese and serve.